“An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up” (Proverbs 12:25, NIV).

Peace to you, and welcome to the Peace Room. There is plenty in life to rob us of our peace. However, God transcends the troubles and issues we face in life. You can live in peace despite the storms of life. Grab a chair, settle in, relax and spend some time here in the Peace Room. It is my prayer that here you will find the εἰρήνη peace of Christ. Please feel free to use the tools provided (such as the Scripture lookups at the right from Blue Letter Bible and Bible Gateway.com).















Wednesday, July 28, 2010

ἰσχύω

"I can do everything through (Christ) Who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13 [NIV, paraphrased].

"I can do." Three very simple words. Easily understandable. Monosyllabic. Yet, they denote great power. In fact, in this passage of Scripture, they come from the Greek word ἰσχύω (ischyō) which denotes the possession of strength and power, the ability to overcome.

"I can do everything." All things. Nothing is impossible.

"I can do everything through Christ." Through Christ, Who is instrumental in the process. Who is God incarnate, and able to do absolutely anything, for "nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37).

"I can do everything through Christ Who gives me strength." I do not have to act out of my own weakness. It is the Lord Who strengths me, emboldens me, acts on my behalf. I need not worry or care. I need never fear the future. I need only to trust and obey Christ.

Let me ask you: what trial or trouble are you facing today? Do you feel overwhelmed by the demands of life? Are you in the midst of troubles and uncertainties? You don't have to pack around your burdens alone. You don't have to live afraid. Know that God is with you. Think of the times when God was with you. Pray and have faith. Believe that God's omnipotent strength is with you. You can do everything because God, Who can do anything, is your source of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment